- Treatment Electrotherapy
- Category Professional Athletes Health
Electrotherapy is one of widespread types of physical therapy (PT). When medical experts correctly indicate and apply this therapy, of course, it is very effective.
Additionally, electrotherapy is the usage of electrical energy as a medical treatment.
Effects of electrotherapy
- Anti-inflammatory as well as analgesic effect – The analgesic effect of electrotherapy is usable most often and, also, it is important for acute pain
- Myorelaxation as well as spasmolytic effect – Muscle relaxant
- Trophic effect – It may be partly caused by the fact that most forms of PT. Brings energy into the organism.
- Antiedematous effect – It is in connection with hyperemia, vessel euroization and, also, higher capillary permeability
- Placebo effect – Reduction in pain intensity, for patients with chronic pain
- Deferring effect
The experts in IM Clinic use over 30 types of electrical currents to treat diverse health disorders, from osteoarthritis to trauma as well as sport injuries.
Types of electrotherapeutic currents
Primarily, electrotherapy was beneficial in physical therapy for relaxation of muscle spasms, prevention as well as retardation of disuse atrophy. This therapy was a great solution for increasing local blood circulation, muscle rehabilitation and, aslo re-education electrical muscle stimulation. It was maintaining and increasing range of motion, management of chronic and intractable pain, as well as post-traumatic acute pain.
Today, this treatment still has its benefits and wide range of everyday usage. In addition, it helps with numerous physical conditions and medical issues.